Marian's Soap Box

Friday, October 21, 2005

MOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!


Today, the boys and I visited Cagle's Dairy Farm with HA (Homeschoolers of Alpharetta.) Here are the highlights:
















Pretty sunbeams

















We saw a live milking. MOOOOOO!!!
























Half as tall as a heifer!
























Nathan chilling on the hayride.

























We rode the hayride out to a field with cows that were in pasture. They used a dog to round up the cows and herd them to the trailer we were sitting in. They ate the hay out of buckets attached to the side, and I was near an opening, so a couple were eating it off the floor right next to us. This cow was literally eating the bale of hay that I was sitting on!












We visited the “calf barn.” I thought this was the prettiest cow I saw. So soft…

Silly cow! Don’t you love the tongue and the way their eyes look?
















Nathan feeding a calf some cabbage. (He was very brave…)
























Jared after that goat inhaled the feed he gave it.
























Mmmmmm. Milk, it does a body good!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home